VI-Road is the specialized software for three-dimensional road design from VI-grade. VI-Road enables to prepare accurate road data files for vehicle, motorcycle and aircraft simulations, using analytical descriptions as well as experimental measurements for a very realistic mapping of real-life road profiles and race tracks. VI-Road additionally supports a series of advanced capabilities, such as the possibility of modeling kerbs and of specifying variable friction coefficients and track disturbances. Thanks to an embedded solver, VI-Road enables to estimate the static limit speed profile for a given vehicle on a specified trajectory. VI-Road is compatible with other VI-grade products, such as VI-Driver, VI-Animator and VI-DriveSim.
- Interactive generation of road surfaces for different multibody solvers
- Road data postprocessing with specific tools (smoothing, corner cutting)
- Creation of driver trajectories
- Generation of road geometries for visualization into simulation postprocessing software (VI-Animator, Adams PostProcessor)
- Different features for automatic and fast road design: Analytical mode, Oval model, Extrusion mode,Meshed model
- Additional features: Kerb modeling, Stochastic Irregularities, Surface Friction, Corner cutting, Smoothing
- Different exporting features available: Road data file (RDF), Trajectory data (DRD, DCO), SpeedGen states (VSG), Graphics reprentation (Wavefront)
- Compatible with VI-grade vertical products
- Makes it easy to generate road profiles from measurements or analytical data
- Advanced features such as kerbs, variable friction and disturbances supported
- Supports VI-Driver with static speed profile calculation
DROMO uses VI-Road in conjunction with custom developed software to assess, redesign and optimize the layout of race tracks for an optimal combination of safety and entertainment. For additional information please download the paper entitled The Imola case: the rebirth of this glorious track thanks to simulationpresented at the 4th VI-grade Users Conference.