MSC Apex | Structures
Computational Parts Based Structural Analysis
MSC Apex Structures is an end-to-end simulation solution that expands upon MSC ApexModeler functionality with capabilities for linear structural analysis.
MSC Apex Structures packages a user interface for scenario definition and results postprocessing, as well as integrated solver methods. This solution is unique in that it combines computational parts and assemblies technology with a generative framework, which enables interactive and incremental analysis.
The integration of the user interface with solver methods gives the user a unique ability to interactively and incrementally validate that FEM models are solver ready. At the user’s demand, a series of solver checks can be run against individual parts and assemblies and the model diagnostics are reported in the Analysis Readiness panel. This Incremental Validation is a radical departure from the very time consuming traditional approach where pre/post processor and solver are separate.
In addition, with Computational Parts and Assemblies, MSC Apex Structures is a true partsbased solution, where each part behavioral representation (Stiffness, mass, and damping) can be pre-computed and stored independently. This approach is especially efficient when combined with the MSC Apex generative framework, as the solver execution will only re-compute behavioral representations for parts that have changed since the last solver execution. We call this Incremental Solving. This new solver architecture is especially efficient in the context of trade studies.
Computational Parts technology was used to perform an incremental analysis of this landing gear door assembly. After modifying one part of the assembly, an incremental or subsequent analysis completed 2.5x faster than its first solve.
- Geometry, Mesh, Material, Property and Behaviors, Glue, Load and Boundary Conditions, Scenarios and Results
-Linear Structural Analysis
- Linear Statics and Normal Modes
-Loads & Constraints
- Concentrated Force and Pressure
- Fixed Constraint
- Regenerative Analysis Readiness for mesh, materials, properties, LBCs,interactions, and simulation settings
- Context specific (Part, Sub-assembly, Assembly)
- Computational Parts and Assemblies
- Manage multiple scenarios (model representations, output requests, analysis type)
- Results display for static and normal modes
- Results animation, including modes navigator
- Spectrum controller
- Results display in Cartesian, cylindrical or spherical coordinate systems