MSC Apex | Modeler
Direct Modeling & Meshing Solution
MSC Apex Modeler is a CAE specific direct modeling and meshing solution that streamlines CAD clean-up, simplification and meshing workflow. The solution features sophisticated and interactive tools that are easy to use and easy to learn.
- Direct Modeling Direct: modeling allows users to create and edit geometry interactively. Simply select the entities of interest, such as a face, edge or vertex, and push, pull, or drag to implement any modifications. Direct Modeling is complemented with built in meshing technology.
- Direct Modeling and Meshing: For models that have already been meshed and require further geometry modification, use any of the Direct Modeling or Geometry Clean-up/ Repair tools and the mesh will be immediately regenerated.
- Easy to Use, Easy to Learn: MSC Apex is designed to have multi-purpose tools so as to make the application easy to use. It also features numerous learning aids such as tutorials, video based documentation, workflow and at-mouse instructions which promotes single day productivity.
Geometry creation and meshing of this aerospace bulkhead required 50 hours with conventional CAE tools. In MSC Apex Modeler, the process only took 5.5 hours and required little effort to extract mid-surfaces, connect separate surfaces, mesh,and assign thicknesses and offsets.
- Sketch lines, squares, circles, ellipsoids, fillets, and chamfers
- Project, split, and edit existing sketches
- Interactively edit solids and surfaces with Push/ Pull or Vertex/Edge drag
– Geometry Edit Tools
- Identify features and defeature
- Geometry cleanup and check
-Midsurface Creation and Repair Tools
- Extract mid-surfaces by auto offset, constant thickness, distance offset, or tapered methods
- Incrementally build mid-surfaces of uniform or non-uniform thickness for planar or curved solids
- Connect surfaces via direct modeling (Vertex/ Edge Drag), auto Surface Extend or stitching
- Split and fill surfaces
- Add/Remove and Suppress/Un-suppress vertices or edges
-Meshing and Mesh Editing
- Mesh curves, surfaces, and solids, available element types: beam, quad, tria, tet, hex
- Regenerate meshes automatically as geometry is modified
- Refine meshes with Feature Base Meshing or mesh Seeding
- Visually inspect element quality
- Construct Hard Points to facilitate part connection
- Mesh surfaces via paver, 4 side map, or 4+ side map mesh methods
- Material Creation and Assignment
- Behavior Creation and Assignment
- Automatic creation of thickness and offset properties for uniform and non-uniform cross sections
- Glue Connections